A digital transformation in public sector is needed now more than ever. It will provide the needs of a government and its citizens. In what way? Let us know more below.
Digital Transformation in Public Sector
The public sector is important because it offers many services. Therefore, the government needs to provide more and better services to be able to better satisfy the needs of its citizens.
The government must be able to offer services that are easy to use and can be accessed anywhere and anytime. To provide such services, the government must undergo digital transformation in the public sector with the following goals:
Know the factors affecting employee performance
- make government agencies and systems work together and share data in a seamless manner
- make it possible for citizens and businesses to easily access public services
- better understand the needs of its citizens
- improve the efficiency of its operations
- develop a digital platform that is easy to use and can be accessed anytime and anywhere
- become more transparent and accountable
Best Practices of Digital Transformation in Public Sector
To successfully undergo digital transformation in the public sector, the government must implement the following best practices:
- Using technology as a tool to achieve public policy goals. Technology is no longer an option but a necessity, especially when it comes to public service, so they should use technology as a tool to achieve their public policy goals. The success of this approach depends on how well they know their citizens’ needs, what they want from them, how they want it, etc., because these are crucial factors for determining what technology solutions should be adopted.
- Creating technology-driven governance. The government should create governance that is driven by technology, not just use technology as an administrative support system. That means all government activities should be based on evidence-based decision-making, which will further help improve their ability to deliver better public services. The success of this approach also depends on ensuring that the processes are right so all stakeholders involved will benefit from it.
- Empowering citizens with digital tools. Citizens should be empowered with digital tools that enable them to participate actively in governance matters through social media, forums, etc. because this will increase their engagement towards matters that concern them. This also helps reduce bureaucracy or red tape (which is often associated with inefficient services). Because many transactions will become easier thanks to this digital empowerment of citizens online.
- Provide security to digital transactions. To ensure the security of digital transactions, the government must ensure that it is safe from cyber-attacks and other security breaches. It should also have a mechanism for quick response in case of breaches.
- Creating a culture of innovation in the public sector. To achieve this goal, they should provide more resources. Especially human resources, to develop innovative solutions that will help achieve their goal.
Digital transformation in the public sector is important. Because it will help government agencies work better together and share data seamlessly. It will also help citizens access services easily anywhere and anytime. Furthermore, it can improve efficiency, develop a digital platform for easier access, make the government more transparent and accountable, and create a culture of innovation.