A good digital transformation model is crucial to make so that the journey will be organized. But how do you make one? Let us find out how in the article below. So, read on.
Digital Transformation Model
What is a digital transformation model? It is a conceptual framework that describes the steps needed to transition from the current state to the transformation goal.
A digital transformation model can provide a structured way of thinking about how your organization will move from where it is today to where it wants to be in the future. Because digital transformation is a change management and business strategy issue, it requires a holistic approach, and a model is a good way to structure your thinking.
Know the factors affecting employee performance
There are many types of models available – templates, frameworks, and roadmaps – but they all have different purposes. What are they?
Digital Transformation Model Purposes
The first purpose of a model is to help you make decisions about how to prioritize the actions you will take to transform your organization. This is becoming increasingly important as digital transformation initiatives become more widespread.
Digital transformation models are also useful for communicating what needs to be done. A good model can be used to illustrate the steps that need to be taken for a successful transformation, and can also be used as a guide for training.
Digital Transformation Model Contents
A digital transformation model describes the current state of an organization or process, outlines the changes that need to occur, and provides some indication of what the target state will look like.
There are two main types of models:
- Forward stepwise model. A forward stepwise model is linear and focuses on one characteristic at a time. Each characteristic listed on the left side of the “to” line represents some part of the current state, while each characteristic on the right side represents some aspect of the future state.
- Backward stepwise model. The backward stepwise model is similar to the forward stepwise model but uses this format: “From current state toward the future state.” Each characteristic listed on the right side represents some part of the future state, while each characteristic on the left side represents some aspect of the current state.
These types should be used together to provide an end-to-end view of the transformation.
Different types of transformation models apply to different areas of the business. For example, there are:
- enterprise transformation models, which apply to the entire organization;
- industry sector models, which focus on one industry sector;
- vertical models, which target specific business processes;
- and technology models, which focus on technology implementation.
- A model should not be so detailed that it is difficult to read, but it should be detailed enough to be useful. A timeline is also useful for identifying available windows of opportunity for carrying out transformations activities that require outside support or approvals.
As you can see, a digital transformation model is a conceptual framework that can help you to think holistically about the changes needed for business transformation. A good model will help you to communicate the changes that need to occur, identify the dependencies among various processes and business functions, and prioritize activities.